RAVI PATEL — B.A., LL.B., LL.M., Articling Student Prior to articling, Ravi completed his LL.M in International Legal Practice from the University of Law- London Moorgate. His LL.M was on the subject of International Competition Law with his dissertation titled: “Preventing the Exploitation of a Dominant Position by Pharmaceutical Companies“. Prior to completing his Master’s, Ravi completed his law degree at the University of Birmingham, graduating in June 2013 with Honours. His LL.B dissertation was on the subject of International Investment Law with his dissertation titled “Expropriation: A Doubled-Edged Sword. (A Review of NAFTA Article 1110)” Ravi also holds a B.A. in Political Science with a minor in Curriculum and Instruction from Simon Fraser University and has recently completed the CORe: Credential of Readiness from HBX- Harvard Business School.
While completing his law degrees, Ravi obtained pro-bono experience working at various cities in the UK. He also debated and mooted competitively and held a number of volunteer positions of responsibility including a role as the class representative during his law degrees. While studying for his undergraduate degree, Ravi was elected to the Board of Governors and Senate at SFU; elected as a Board of Director for the SFU Community Corporation and sat on about a dozen subcommittees. Ravi, having also been elected by his peers as a member of SFU Presidential Search Committee, proudly recommended the appointment of Andrew J. Petter, Q.C as SFU’s ninth President in 2010.
Outside of work, Ravi enjoys reading the Financial Times, managing his personal investment portfolio, completing various construction projects, hiking, skiing, and travelling to over 20 countries.
· 2015, CORe: Credential of Readiness, HBX | Harvard Business School
· 2015, LL.M. with Commendation, University of Law- London Moorgate
· 2013, LL.B. (Honours), University of Birmingham
· 2011, B.A., Simon Fraser University
· Articled Student — The Law Society of British Columbia
· Student Member — The Solicitors Regulation Authority (England and Wales)
· Member — Canadian Bar Association, British Columbia Branch.
· Member — Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
· Member — South Asian Bar Association
· Member — Association of South Asian Professionals
· Member — The Holdsworth Club
· Member — Young International Arbitration Group
· Member — Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration
Business Dispute Resolution • Business Litigation • Civil & Commercial Litigation • Class Actions • Collections Law • Contract Disputes • Creditor’s Rights • Debtor and Creditor Law • Entertainment Law • Mediation Services • Shareholder Disputes • Tax Litigation
Ellis Business Lawyers – “Corporate and Commercial Law”
T: 604-688-7374 W: http:www.ellislawyers.com
F: 604-688-7385 E: email@example.com
Suite 400 – 1681 Chestnut Street, Vancouver, BC, V6J 4M6
4023 Hastings Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 2J1